This week’s featured yoga pose is one of my all-time favorites – tree pose (vrksasana).
Me doing tree pose on Pilot Mountain, NC. Check out that view!
With tree pose, your goal is to become as rooted and sturdy as a tree so have that vision in your mind as you enter the pose.
What does it work?
Thighs & hips
– Improves posture & balance
– Develops concentration
– Reduces sciatica and flat feet
– Stretches ankles, groin, and hips
– Strengthens calves and thighs
– You can hold your hands together at heart center or extend them over your head.
– To test your balance even more, try to do tree pose with your eyes closed.
– If you are an absolute beginner or just not good at balancing yet, feel free to hold onto a rail or chair until you can do the pose without assistance. You’ll get there : )
Source: Yoga Journal