This week’s yoga pose is hero pose, or virasana. It’s absolutely perfect for meditation, especially at Hebron Falls in western NC where I am in the picture below : )
What does it work?
knees, hips, upper back
– Improves posture & circulation
– Loosens hips, knees, and thighs
– Strengthens arches of the feet
– Helps with digestion
– Great position for extended meditation
– Place a towel under your ankles if it is too painful to sit on them.
– Feel free to put your hands in prayer position at heart’s center or above your head.
Do you all like hero pose? Do you use it for meditation?
Source: Yoga Journal